Saturday, April 16, 2016

Today I am struggling with pain that has not been relieved by medications or limiting movements. My leg feels like I have pliers squeezing it. My spine feels like it is broken and the fire is raging.  I have slept maybe two hours. I have decided to share my day today instead of posting just articles of self-care and tips because I wanted you to know that I am right here with you in your daily struggles and on your days where pain is all you can feel that you are not alone. As I looked at my messages I seen where someone very dear to me and my family had sent me a message with a song. Send Me Jesus. God knew what I needed today. I needed to feel Jesus and to reminded that he is here with me through the good and the bad days. Pain doesn't care about anything else you are facing. It doesn't care if the bills are high and the teenage children are acting up or even about you relationships. I wanted you to know that today will pass as I too am hoping for a better tomorrow. My mind has wondered as everyday stress and pain has tried to overcome me. Today I will fight! I will fight through this for there will be a better tomorrow.

Romans 5:3-5
More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that sufferings produce endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

If I ran a poll and I asked;  What is one thing that pain has shown you? You would be surprise at the number of people who list HUMILITY.  Yes it is easy to say ANGER,  but there are stages of grief that also apply to pain. Anger is one of the beginning stages. Humility is one of the last stages. I will not loose hope. I can honestly say that there is true power in pain. It will make you or it will break you. Before my accident I never thought that I would be writing a blog about PAIN and I have never heard of the word Arachnoiditis. We will fight together each day for we were made to have purpose.


By Michell Freeman

No comments:

Post a Comment